Friday 30 December 2016

2016 - looking back on my year




   Coolum Beach Panorama - oil on canvas 610 mm x 1210 mm

A few years ago, I compiled a list for the year summarising my activities for the year. I decided to do one for 2016. (The highlighted text indicates a link to the relevant blog post.)

- Exhibitions: Rotary Art Spectacular 2016; Lethbridge 10,000Botanique 

- I've written 52 Blog posts here on Art Matters - and kept to my plan of posting an average of one per week.

-Recreating Family memories – I painted images from a family album as a  Christmas gift. 

-Red Bubble – my online shop was set up showcasing several products with  images of my work.

-Etsy – new paintings were added throughout the year

-Website makeover – predictably this was a time sink, although it was worthwhile in the  end.

-Experimentation with process videos – ongoing – there's lots to learn...

-Portraits – continued exploration – my Portrait of Dan won a prize at Nundah  Art Exhibition – and experiments with a new surface – Ampersand Claybord 

-Tasmania – a wonderful short, inspiring holiday

-Illustration commission to re-create old photographs for the Highlands House  commemorative booklet.

-Plein air sketching throughout the year – not as often as I would have liked, perhaps something to plan for in 2017.

May your new year be filled with happiness and an abundance of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment